We are currently seeking a full-time Associate (Audit & Tax) to join our international public accounting firm in our Birmingham office. You will work with a select team providing auditing and tax compliance services to predominately manufacturing and distribution clients. The right candidate will be able to manage projects, multi-task, and communicate effectively both verbal and written. For one to succeed in this role, you must be organized, proactive, and results driven.
Why Rödl & Partner?
- We keep our employees current by supplying cutting-edge technology and access to learning opportunities
- We invest in the growth of our team members through regular feedback sessions
- We recharge as a team by celebrating deadlines and gathering at organized firm events
- We applaud the achievement of both career and personal milestones for individual team members on a firm-wide basis
What you will do:
- Perform audit engagements in a variety of industries concentrating on manufacturing and distribution
- Develop and execute audit programs by documenting objectives, identifying risks, evaluating controls, and designing test procedures associated with the audit scope
- Perform technical accounting research on a variety of accounting topics
- Provide timely and high-quality services and deliverables that exceed client expectations
- Maintain active communication to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction
- Prepare clear, concise workpapers and other communications
- Manage priorities and provide status updates to team leaders in a timely manner
What you need to bring:
- 1-2+ years of professional experience including experience in public accounting
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Masters degree in Accounting/Taxation
- CPA license or similar certification preferred or currently working to obtain CPA license
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills in English
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution industry
- ProSystem fx Engagement experience
- CCH Axcess experience
- German writing and communication skills is an advantage
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan (with 3% salary paid employer contributions)
- Medical coverage
- Paid Dental coverage
- Paid Volunteer Day annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid time-off & Holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Parking/public transportation
- Tuition reimbursement & training
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Rödl Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer each application personally.
We review all incoming applications, and if we find your skills meet our particular needs, we will contact you.