Position: Project Manager-Skills Initiative
Reports to: Director, Skills Initiative
The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States, Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States (U.S.). Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S. Our services focus on the areas of Consulting, Membership, and Apprenticeships. We are part of an international network composed of 140 German foreign chambers of commerce and government offices in 92 countries. Our Skills Initiative Team supports our member companies and other industry associations, educational institutions, and government agencies to cover the demand for skilled workforce in various industry sectors in the Southeastern US. To this end, we help with the creation of new programs based on the German model of apprenticeships and assist with the management of existing programs. For more information about our flagship program, please visit our GA CATT home page. GA CATT is an affiliate of the ICATT Apprenticeship Program.
• Advise companies and local academic partners on implementing German-style apprenticeship programs in the Southern US.
• Ensure DIHK (Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag / Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce) standards for dual vocational training abroad for existing apprentice occupational pathways are met (Advanced Manufacturing Technician, CNC Machining, Mechatronics Technician).
• Analyze workforce development needs of individual companies. Assist with developing appropriate training material, such as company training schedules, and documenting processes in accordance with DIHK processes and standards.
• Customer relationship management. Consult with existing company clusters and provide guidance on issues; support company mentors (trainers).
• Oversee preparation, organization, and implementation of annual examinations.
• Assist the Skills Initiative Team in positioning the GACC South as a valued partner for German-style apprenticeships in the Southern US.
• Assist the Director, Skills Initiative with geographic expansion via strategic projects.
• Collaboration with other GACC offices on joint projects. Support national initiatives and continuous quality control.
• Leverage and expand the GACC South’s extensive contact network in the US.
Skills and Abilities:
• Completed undergraduate studies in Business, Human Resources, Education or Associate degree as part of a completed dual apprenticeship in Germany
• First work experience required. Relevant experience and knowledge in the field of vocational training in a technical field a plus
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based, bilateral environment.
• Proven ability to prioritize and allocate time and resources efficiently.
• Self-motivated, excellent communication and customer orientation
• Comfortable with some travel including weekends and working in a continuously changing environment.
• High comfort level interacting with clients.
• Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Detail oriented, well developed organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Highly dedicated with the ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of manufacturing requirements and operational processes required.
• High level of intercultural competence, in particular a good understanding of the US and German markets, as well as familiarity with both business cultures.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in both English and German.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Self-confident manner combined with team spirit.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft365 programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Analytical mindset, with mathematical aptitude and ability to analyze figures.
Work context-Physical requirements:
• Work is performed in an office environment and other locations when on business travel.
• Minimum requirement for travel or as assigned by Management.
• Employee may be subject to some lifting (filing boxes product samples), and exposure to fumes, chemicals (ink and toners).
How to apply: Please apply via the application portal below (include cover letter and resume). Please note that we can only accept applications with a valid U.S. work authorization.
Information for applicants: Thank you for your application and your interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are receiving, we cannot answer each application personally. We will contact you if we find that your skills meet our particular needs.