Position: Tool and Die Maker
Location: Elgin, IL
Our client is a well-established, family-based provider of innovative precision metal stampings with a German-based ownership. Their customized stamping solutions utilize deep-draw technology and serve numerous application areas in a range of industries, including automotive and consumer goods. The company strives to design manufacturing systems that allow for quick changeovers and rapid set-ups, which permits them to deliver their custom-produced products to their customers at industry-leading speeds.
The company is currently seeking a Tool and Die Maker to join their team. The primary role of the Tool and Die Maker position is to build high-quality, multi-stationed progressive metal-forming dies to close tolerances to produce quality parts which meet drawing specifications. The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for all tooling in final assembly and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Operate all conventional tool room equipment, including but not limited to lathes, mills, grinders, and saws.
- Construct dies, punches, pins, cavities, etc. based on measured prints with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with manufacturing to build, modify, or troubleshoot production dies.
- Design, construct and modify tooling fixtures.
- Use all standard precision instruments such as comparators, height gages, calipers, micrometers, toolmakers microscope, gages, etc., to take actual readings of produced parts to ensure that they meet final inspection requirements.
- Completion of a relevant technical training program, either through formal schooling or on-the-job.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a tool room environment performing machinist duties.
- Proficient with all standard precision measuring equipment and instruments.
- Ability to use all hand tools to final fit or repair dies or inserts.
- Ability to program and set up CNC machines a plus.
- Flexibility to support production requirements in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Must be physically capable of the demands of the job on a daily basis, for instance the ability to stand for long periods of time and to be able to handle die parts, use hand tools, move material in and out of lathes, mills, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all levels of employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: BlueCross BlueShield PPO/HMO Medical 0 HRA – Dental – Vision – Bonus Program – 401k (match) – Vacation – Float Days