Our client is the US subsidiary of a leading international provider of supply chain optimization solutions. The company offers consulting services, custom supply chain management software and fourth-party logistics (4PL) mangaged services to clients across a broad range of industries.
They are currently seeking a Sales Development Representative to drive new business opportunities for the company’s 4PL managed services, consulting services and logistics management software solutions in the local market. He/she will serve as an integral player in a collaborative, cross-functional team and will have the opportunity to make realworld contributions to solving complex logistics challenges.
• Prospect and qualify sales leads via various channels, including cold-calling, virtual outreach and attendance at relevant trade shows, conferences and other forums. Respond to RFQs/RFPs as appropriate.
• Ensure smooth hand-off of viable sales leads to relevant in-house subject matter experts based on service(s) of interest. Accompany and support Sales colleagues on initial on-site meetings at target accounts.
• Work closely with Marketing team to optimize the effectiveness of messaging and collateral used in lead generation activities, e.g. for conferences/trade shows as well as virtual campaigns on platforms such as LinkedIn.
• Re-engage former customers and ‘cold’ leads to re-introduce services and assess sales potential.
• Provide company with competitive insights into market trends and strategic developments at target customers gained via lead generation activities.
• Continuously develop industry knowledge on general supply chain management/logistics topics and stay abreast of best practices in the field.
• 2+ years of Sales experience focused on supply chain planning/design or transportation management.
• Expertise in relevant Sales methodologies, processes and techniques used for successful lead generation and qualification.
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant business or technical discipline or equivalent experience in the fields of industrial engineering, operations research or supply chain management. A Master’s degree would be of value.
• Strong general understanding of logistics and supply chain management ideally coupled with subject-matter expertise in the fields of 3PL/4PL services and/or software solutions for logistics-related operational processes.
• Excellent communication (written/oral) and presentation skills; candidates should be able to articulate key messages clearly and explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• High degree of self-motivation and creativity coupled with an inherent drive to learn new things and tackle challenges.
• Ability to think conceptually on-the-fly.
• Adaptive to change and comfortable in a fast-changing technology environment.