- Responsible for troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance actions, installation and testing of Schubert robotic equipment at customer plant locations.
- Work on electrical systems, PC controls, PLC controls, servo drives and controls, and mechanical systems.
- Recommend technical solutions by examining customer machines; clarifying requirements with customer representatives.
- Provide phone support to customer technicians in order to facilitate the resolution of hardware/software issues.
- Increase sales opportunities by identifying untapped customer needs, product enhancements, and industry developments.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by working closely with customer contacts.
- Represent Schubert to customers in a professional manner and provide effective and professional communication.
- Training of customer operators and maintenance staff.
- Must be able to travel for on-site servicing and installations; travel will be mainly within North America, occasional travels to the head office in Germany will be necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Background in Mechatronics or Electronics.
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in servicing or manufacturing of packaging machinery.
- Knowledge of robotic systems is desirable.
- Working knowledge of servo drives and control systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently, while still acting as a team-player.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong rapport with clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility – able to quickly adapt to new situations – and creativity – able to think “outside the box”.
- Able to commit to several months of initial training in Germany, as well as travel within North America for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid work permit, drivers license.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.
At Schubert North America we foster a fulfilling workplace for employees, create an environment for continuous learning and embrace the ideas of others. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce. Schubert is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, pregnancy, race, color, reed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.