The mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (GACC Midwest) is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States. All internships offer the opportunity to gain work experience in a truly bilingual and bicultural environment, with support from colleagues that can help speed the learning curve of understanding intercultural differences and nuances.
- Ability to prioritize; good problem-solving skills.
- Solid writing skills and the ability to produce written materials in a fast-paced environment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong proof-reading and editing skills and great attention to detail.
- Web content management experience (preferably Typo3).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, online research and mass mailing programs such as ConstantContact; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Experience with creating and monitoring social media campaigns a plus.
- High-level proficiency in the English and at least intermediate German language skills
- Maintenance and development of GACC Midwest’s and several related websites
- Production of Chamber publications such as electronic newsletters
- Contributions to the German American Trade Magazine, and other promotional materials, e.g. brochures, event flyers, etc.
- The team also oversees the production and distribution of mass mailings prior to events and conducts live-broadcasts and recordings of Chamber events on a regular