ELOKON is a specialist in forklift telematics and safety systems, providing cutting-edge solutions to help customers enhance safety, efficiency, and productivity in their warehouses and logistics operations. Founded in 1986, ELOKON has offices in Germany, the US, and in Poland, and serves over 4,000 customers in over 40 countries worldwide.
To further capitalize on our recent customer successes in the U.S. markets, we are in the process of expanding our U.S. subsidiary and are looking to hire an experienced Field Service Engineer / Technician.
The position will require the FSE / FST to be involved with installation and maintenance of ELOKON safety and assistance systems on material handling equipment/forklift trucks of all major OEMs, including proximity warning systems, mobile personnel protection devices, fleet management systems and radar-based systems for speed reduction.
The FSE / FST will also gather data utilizing specific reports and ELOKON procedures and supply various forms and custom reports to the customer to assist in sales of parts and service contracts. As necessary, the FST will assist with the field training of new employees and/or partners’ employees, perform train-the-trainer work and may receive in-house assignments covering technical support, training, or documentation, as well as supporting our sales team when needed.
• Carry mechanical and electrical tools from job to job, including laptop and tool case.
• Discuss objectives with the customer when on-site and explain the system’s capabilities and/or limitations.
• Develop or follow a schedule for completion of objectives while on-site.
• Perform and/or assist with mechanical and electrical installation or modification to ELOKON equipment.
• Troubleshoot and debug all issues including mechanical, electrical, or programming using the provided technical manuals.
• Mark-up drawings (Red Line) with any updates and/or changes as required.
• Communicate issues, successes, and delays with the Customer, project manager, team members and regional management daily. This may include but is not limited to Electronic Field Service Reports.
• Participate in a closeout meeting with the Office and the Customer at completion of each assignment.
• Write a detailed daily / weekly report for each job location and send it to the office.
• Participate in sales meetings and support the Sales team both on and off site when needed.
• Complete a weekly electronic expense report and send in the receipts to the office.
• Send all copies of programs, redline drawings, and weekly reports to the office for proper archival at completion of job.
• Make travel arrangements on a daily or weekly basis.
• Be open to flexible work schedule.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 0-2 year of field experience in material handling or an Associate's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of field experience in material handling. (Level 2 requires BS w/ 2 yrs or AS w/ 4 yrs or MS w/ 1yr. experience)
No degree - will be considered with 5+ years material handling experience.
• Prior Field Service experience is preferred.
• Must be proficient with MS Office products and Operating Systems (i.e., Windows 10).
• Must have a strong mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude and experience.
• Must have working experience with electrical wiring and reading of schematics.
• Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently (self-starter) and with teams.
• Ability to travel over 85% of the year.
• Must be located within 30 miles of a major US airport.
Why should you join us?
• You want to be a part of an established company, with a remarkable growth potential.
• You want to work with innovative technologies and represent a high-quality German product that has the potential to save lives and improve overall safety in the materials handling industry.
• You want to be rewarded for your skills and contributions.
• You want to work hard within a fun-loving environment that encourages a work-life balance.
• You enjoy working in an international environment with bi-annual trips to Germany for team meeting events.
• You must be legally authorized to work in the US.
• You will work out of your home office or the ELOKON office in the Atlanta, GA area.
• You must be able to travel as the position requires.
Compensation and Benefits
• Paid training
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
• 401(k) program with employer matching
• Opportunity to participate in the R&D process of our products – therefore increasing safety and adding value to our customers.
• Grow with the company with great development opportunities.
• Opportunity to travel around the country to exciting new places (and overseas at times) to gain experience with different fork truck and AGV OEMs/manufacturers, and brand name international clients from the automotive, e-commerce, steel, logistics and many other industries.
Please apply directly on this website.