Located in the heart of Wall Street, the German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (GACC New York) provides a unique business network of more than 700 member companies to promote and assist bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States.
Our Events, Membership and Communications team is currently looking for a highly motivated intern who wants to make an impact in the German-American Business Community and enjoys building relationships, organizing events and networking with people. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has a communications, events or marketing background and is able to plan, manage and execute projects on time.
- Support creating content for newsletter, email campaigns, social media, print publications, and website
- Assist in event planning and execution (including pre-event logistics e. g. scouting locations, budgets)
- Coordinate logistics for in-person events, ensuring seamless execution and a positive participant experience (e. g. setup, guest registration, break-down, post event reports, invoice management)
- Interact with our members and speakers to create unique in-person events (conferences, networking events, workshops, gala dinners, etc.)
- Support to further develop strategies and concepts to enhance member benefits and engagement
- Provide general support to the team with day-to-day business such as member acquisition, retention and maintenance of contact lists and CRM data
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all communication channels, create & maintain social media calendar
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Communication, Hospitality, Marketing or similar
- Prior work experience in communications / event management and / or hospitality is a plus
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in English and German
- Experience with social media channels such as LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Passion for learning new digital tools; experience in Adobe, Canva, Trello, Typo3, Constant Contact is a plus
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-motivated & energetic learner with a good sense of humor
- Willingness to work beyond regular office hours (evening events)
Costs covered by the candidate:
- Health insurance, flight, cost of living in New York, following visa costs: SEVIS fee and U.S. Consulate fee
We look forward to receiving your application!
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to aschlingmann(at)gaccny(dot)com.