NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
ELOKON’s mission is to innovate for a safer material handling world. With over 3,000 customers globally and 130 dedicated and highly motivated employees, we engineer, sell and install award winning assistance systems for forklifts, incorporating in our products the latest sensor technologies used in the automotive industry.
As a privately held German 32 year old company, we are akin to many other success stories in the German logistics industry. We focus on long term sustainability and international growth, without disregarding the importance of year on year profitability.
To further capitalize on our recent customer successes in the U.S. markets, we are in the process of incorporating a U.S. subsidiary and are looking to hire, amongst others, a dynamic and experienced Customer Service Engineer.
Position will require the CST to be involved with installation and maintenance of ELOKON safety and assistance systems on material handling equipment/fork trucks of all major OEMs. Our product range includes ultra-wideband proximity warning systems, lidar-based mobile personnel protection devices, wireless fleet management systems and radar based systems for speed reduction. Position will also require the CST to perform the services required for pilot projects and proof of concepts.
CST will also gather data utilizing specific reports and ELOKON procedures, and supply various forms and custom reports to the customer to assist in sales of parts and service contracts. As
necessary, CST will assist with the field training of new employees and/or partners’ employees, perform train-the-trainer work and may receive in-house assignments covering technical support, training, or documentation.
- Perform or assist with mechanical and electrical installation or modification of ELOKON product solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug all issues including mechanical, electrical, or programming using the provided drawings, direction or write sections of the PLC program.
- Discuss objectives with the customer when on-site.
- Make travel arrangements on daily or weekly basis.
- Be capable of traveling at a moment notice weekday or weekend.
- Carry mechanical and electrical tools from job to job, including laptop and tool case.
- Develop or follow a schedule for completion of objectives while on-site.
- Mark-up drawings (Red Line) with any updates or changes as required.
- Communicate issues, successes, and delays with the Customer, project manager, team members and regional management daily. This may include but not exclusive to Electronic Issue Reports.
- Participate in a closeout meeting with the Office and the Customer at completion of each assignment.
- Write a detailed daily / weekly report for each job location and send to the office.
- Complete a weekly electronic expense report and send in the receipts to the office.
- Send all copies of programs, redline drawings, implementation service and weekly reports to the office for proper archival at completion of job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 0-2 year of field experience in material handling or an Associate's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of field experience in material handling.
- Candidates with no degree - will be considered with 5+ years’ material handling experience.
- Prior Customer Service Experience is desirable
- Must be proficient with MS Office products and Operating Systems.
- Must have a strong mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude and experience.
- Working experience with electrical wiring and reading of schematics.
- Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently (self starter) and with teams.
- Ability to travel over 60-80% of the time.
Why should you join us?
- You want to be a part of proven company, with tremendous additional growth potential.
- You want to be significantly rewarded for your abilities and contributions.
- You want to work hard within a fun-loving environment that encourages a work-life balance.
- You enjoy working in an international environment with bi-annual trips to Germany for team meeting events.
- Must be legally able to work in the US
- Will work out of their home office or the ELOKON office, North Atlanta Region
- Must be able to travel as the position dictates
- Must live within 1 hour drive of a major US airport
Salary and Benefits:
- ELOKON offers an competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees.
- EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
For more Information visit:
Jan 4th, 2021
How to apply:
Please submit your application materials to Silvia Beneke at silvia.beneke(at)elokon.com (subject line: US Customer Service Engineer). Referrals are welcome.