- Job Title: Managing Director
- Field/Department: Business Development & Sales
THE PALAS® OPPORTUNITY
Palas® is a leading developer and manufacturer of well-engineered and highly sophisticated products in the field of air quality measurement. We offer products, services and solutions for the generation, measurement and characterization of particles in the air. The company was founded 1983 and is headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany with two sales offices in Asia and a network of sales partners in the US, Brazil, South Africa and Australia. The company is in the process of forming a US subsidiary.
We are a highly dynamic company, achieving double digit growth in future oriented markets driven by the increased awareness of environmental and health issues. Our growth is based on Palas’® superior technology in terms of precision, modularity as well as application range. This role offers the unique opportunity to join a company with great potential at exactly the right time to help shape its growth path and to be part of a success story. The employment of the Managing Director US will be with the US subsidiary.
- Expand the company’s business in the US market by establishing a strong market presence and generating new business.
- Development and implementation of the sales strategy and market approach for the US, establish sales structures, run business development projects.
- Establish and grow organizational set up in the US and develop the required organization for a significant increase of market share with a lean and effective structure and processes.
- Develop executive relationships and establish trusted advisor relationships with client accounts to understand customer needs.
- Ensure the sales team manages the full sales and project process for customers to offer value-enhancing products, services and solutions.
- Strong experience in sales strategy and operations leadership in technical industry with P&L responsibility.
- Track record in identifying growth markets and managing growth from a sales perspective as well as in successfully developing new businesses.
- Combination of native-level English with very good knowledge of local markets as well as proficiency in German and familiarity with “Mittelstand” culture.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented personality with excellent communication skills, sound technical background and business know how.
(Benefits and Compensation:) to be discussed
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to Stephanie Fritsch at recruiting(a)palas.de.
Start date: 2022