Trade Show Services GACC New York, Inc. is the official U.S. Representative of Messe München and Messe Essen and has performed American exhibitor and visitor acquisition for over 50 exhibitions in Germany and abroad.
Messe München is one of the world’s largest trade fair companies, operating an exhibition area in Munich, Germany of 200,000 square meters of indoor space. Messe Essen also ranks among the top 10 largest exhibition complexes in Germany with over 1 million square feet of exhibition space.
Trade Show Services GACC New York, Inc. is part of the German American Chamber of Commerce Inc. (GACC). Founded in 1947, the GACC is the official representative of German industry and trade in the United States.
Main Focus and Challenges: To grow and develop key trade show accounts, while supporting exhibitors and raising awareness of Messe München and Messe Essen’s trade shows in the United States. Recruitment of new and past exhibitors to trade shows in Munich and Essen. In some cases, organize US Pavilions at those trade shows.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
Each Project Manager is responsible for sales and marketing strategy for dedicated trade shows. The Project Manager will raise awareness of Messe München & Messe Essen trade shows in the U.S. and increase both exhibition space and number of American attendees. This role requires an ability to establish and cultivate strong relationships.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Recruit American companies as exhibitors and visitors for assigned trade shows by conducting phone calls, creating meaningful newsletters, and composing compelling, professional emails.
• Develop and grow relationships with key accounts, media partners, and trade show partners.
• Attend competitive trade shows in the U.S. to acquire exhibitors, generate new leads, connect with media partners and associations, and experience the latest industry trends.
• Support customers throughout exhibition organization.
• Plan and organize USA Pavilions for American companies, providing an all-inclusive booth and service package; analyze costs and balance within a project budget.
• Plan and execute visitor marketing by analyzing U.S. media, negotiating agreements, distributing marketing budgets, communicating with Messe München and media partners, and coordinating advertising campaigns.
• Develop and distribute strategic promotional materials such as flyers, brochures and invitations; analyze and optimize creative content and design for best customer reaction.
• Study and utilize the customer database, while seeking to expand it.
• Organize booth representation at competitive trade shows in the U.S. and coordinate press events.
• Use social media outlets to attract new exhibitors as well as market our trade shows.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented sales and project management abilities with a degree in a business field and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Team-oriented, is able to improve processes and document best practices
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; Fluent German and/or English language skills is a must
• Ability to easily develop relationships and build a client base.
• Understanding of German and American culture and business practices.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Able to accommodate business travel (up to 20% of work time in peak trade show seasons).
• Proficient in a range of business software; Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Constant Contact and html are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Dynamic work environment with a highly motivated and cooperative team atmosphere.
• Multicultural and bilingual office (English/German)
• Interesting projects and high-level networking throughout a wide range of industries.
• A competitive base salary with opportunities for results-based compensation.
• Competitive benefits package, including market-leading retirement savings program.