Who Are We?
The continuing mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce® of the Midwest (GACC Midwest/AHK USA-Chicago), a 501 (c)(6) organization headquartered in Chicago with a branch office in Michigan, is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the Midwestern region of the United States. Our organization combines elements of a trade commission, a membership association, and a professional consultancy - quite a unique concept in international trade promotion. Read more about our organization at www.gaccmidwest.org
What does this role entail?
The Consultant, Recruiting & Consulting Services will be based out of our Chicago Downtown office and will support our Consulting Services client companies to achieve their market entry/expansion goals in the US through Recruiting and Consulting Services. Our Recruiting Services Department primarily provides client companies with full-cycle recruitment support with a focus on bilingual (German/English) talent and professionals with transatlantic and/or start-up business experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support the execution of full-cycle recruitment projects spanning a broad range of industries, job functions and seniority levels, including: Developing and posting market-appropriate job descriptions, sourcing candidates, administering inbound applications, conducting screening interviews and maintaining close communication with clients and candidates throughout the search process.
- Assist with the administration of GACC Midwest’s internal internship program, including evaluating and tracking applications, maintaining the website and establishing/leveraging relationships with universities and other organizations in both the US and Germany to ensure a steady inflow of qualified internship applicants for all departments.
- Research, analyze and report on market conditions, competitors, regulations, and other topics in order to identify opportunities and potential barriers to market entry across a diverse range of industry sectors.
- As part of GACC Midwest’s ‘Public Function’, advise German companies on relevant employment, visa and labor issues for the US market.
- Build relationships with service providers and GACC Midwest members who have expertise to whom clients can be referred.
- Support Business Development activities as appropriate to gain new client companies.
- Support other Consulting Services projects as appropriate, including Market Research projects, Virtual Offices, Business Partner searches, etc.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business field with initial work experience in fields such as recruiting, sales, HR.
- Proficiency in internet-based research, allowing you to effectively discover, connect with, and evaluate candidates for diverse job openings.
- Proficiency in English; German language skills are a significant advantage.
- Genuine interest in US and German recruiting and hiring processes, with a understanding of cultural nuances.
- Enthusiasm for key industries served by GACC Midwest, such as manufacturing, automotive, renewable energies, and a curiosity for emerging technologies.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality while thriving in a collaborative team environment.
Why GACC Midwest?
At GACC Midwest, we believe that our benefits should make a difference - to you, your job, today and in the future. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
- Team spirit instead of rigid hierarchies
- Competitive vacation policy, starting with 20 days, increasing with seniority up to 30 days
- 14 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, plus additional days around Thanksgiving and Year End
- Health insurance with multiple plan options and networks (BlueCross / BlueShield HMO, PPO, HSA) & Guardian dental and vision
- 401(k) matching with a competitive, discretionary employer contribution
- Company-paid Life Insurance + AD&D/additional voluntary life + AD&D (also for spouse and children)
- Wellness incentives: access to fitness center and complementary yoga classes
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability
- FSA Health Care and dependent care
- FSA commuter (transit and/or parking)
- Goal oriented bonus plan
- Plus: Work from Home Policy, Flex-Time Policy
- We offer German classes in collaboration with the Goethe Institute
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Potential employees are subject to background checks.