How to apply: Please submit your online application through the Lufthansa Career Portal
Location: Chicago (O’Hare)
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is a subsidiary of Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft. Lufthansa Cargo ranks among the world’s leading air freight carriers and currently employs about 4,150 people worldwide. Lufthansa Cargo focuses on the airport-to-airport business. The cargo carrier serves around 300 destinations in more than 100 countries with its own fleet of freighters, the belly capacities of passenger aircraft operated by the Lufthansa Group and an extensive road feeder service network. The bulk of the cargo volume is routed through Frankfurt Airport.
The goal of the Executive Assistant to the Head of Region is to deliver high level support in coordinating business and strategic goals for the region by providing consolidated management information and coordinative support to the head of Region.
The Executive Assistant assists in communicative as well as analytical and conceptual tasks depending on the objectives of the Head of Region.
- Compile, research and consolidate various business data and management information.
- Prepare business presentations, reports, speeches & briefings for the Head of Region.
- Prepare external and internal correspondence in both English and German.
- Responsible to organize necessary information and documentation for use in problem resolution.
- Prepare executive summaries on current business topics.
- Prepare and coordinate the Executive Management Team Meetings including agenda and logistical arrangements.
- Monitor and follow up EMTA open item list and ensure communication and distribution of information.
- Support managing target agreement process incl. performance monitoring.
- Interface to HQ for various requests.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential, and/or political topics as assigned and delegated with discretion.
- Manage special events and meetings incl. logistics, negotiating contracts with providers, preparation of topics and follow-up.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the regional strategy process.
- Assist with strategy topics and collect information on current business plans as required.
- Coordination of activities for the region.
Performs all other duties and projects as assigned and delegated by the superior.
- High school certificate, a level/ Abitur or equivalent required.
- Vocational training desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree desirable.
- Business administration or equivalent.
- Professional experience desirable.
- Previous experience in analytical and coordinative tasks of benefit.
- Fluent English required.
- Fluent German required.
- Knowledge of airline industry of benefit.
- MS Office, knowledge of other software / office tools (e.g. Prezi, Photoshop) desirable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to manage complexity.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent independent and proactive approach.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Excellent attention to quality and detail.
- Strong assertiveness.
- Strong problem solving / solution oriented.
- Strong service / Customer Orientation.
- Strong innovative and open to change.
- Strong flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong intercultural Competence
- Good conflict management skills.
- Excellent cooperation skills / Team Player.
- Excellent structured / systematic approach.
- Excellent professional and confident manner.