Position: Sales Manager
Location: Home Office located in the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes region. Candidates must be available for frequent travel (~25%) in the assigned territory as well as periodic travel to company HQ in Germany.
Our client is the recently established US subsidiary of German-based leading provider of IT consulting and software development services with an expanding global presence. Founded in 2003, the company’s roughly 250 employees leverage their expertise in cybersecurity, advanced systems engineering and embedded systems to deliver unique IoT solutions to prestigious clients across a range of industries. The company prides itself on constant innovation and was recognized as the #1 innovative company by Germany’s TOP 100 Innovators Award.
As part of their ongoing development, our client is currently seeking an entrepreneurial and tech-savvy Sales Manager for the US market. The Sales Manager will drive sales of the company’s Cybersecurity SaaS, solution portfolio and advanced systems engineering services with a particular focus on Automotive sector enterprise customers located in the Midwest. This ground-floor opportunity provides ample room for professional growth and the ability to make an immediate impact at an innovative and rapidly-growing company.
- Work closely with enterprise customers during all stages of the consultative sales process, from initial contact to closing. Respond to RFPs/RFQs and develop new sales leads via multiple channels, including close cooperation with the marketing department for digital advertising.
- Develop and execute a market-appropriate Business Development strategy with a focus on breaking into marquee accounts with high growth potential. Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with enterprise customers based on a comprehensive understanding of their IT needs and objectives.
- Conduct regular local market scanning to provide German HQ with insight into market trends and strategic developments at customers as well as competitors.
- Increase overall brand awareness in the market by exhibiting thought leadership across suitable platforms and developing persuasive sales collateral. To this end, collaborate closely with the marketing department to create and disseminate compelling content such as case studies, white papers, blog posts, FAQ sheets, sales presentations, etc.
- Serve as a passionate evangelist for our client's solutions by representing the company at trade shows, conferences and industry events and participating in webinars and social media campaigns.
- 5+ years of experience in consultative technical product and solution sales, ideally with experience in embedded systems, cybersecurity, or IoT. Candidates should have a strong track record of generating viable customer leads and successfully managing high-profile accounts in a B2B environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline.
- Exceptional industry knowledge gained through relevant experience with automotive OEMs, Tier 1&2 suppliers or relevant IT/ Cybersecurity service providers.
- Commitment to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial-minded individual.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic and KPI-oriented mindset.
- Strong commitment to community engagement and a passion to support the company’s CSR objectives and activities to drive forward innovation in the tech space.
- Strong English-language communication skills, both written and verbal. Knowledge of German or other foreign languages would be of benefit but is not required.
- Experience in a start-up environment or supporting an international new market entrant in the US are a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with customers and other external stakeholders as well as work effectively in cross-functional teams.