Location: East Coast; Remote, ideally near a major airport. Willingness to travel 50-80%.
Our client is a well-established US subsidiary of a German-based third generation family business with 80+ years of experience in innovative, high-quality furnishings. They primarily specialize in sustainable furniture solutions tailored for the educational sector, while also encompassing a diverse portfolio of furniture, technology offerings, and services for all potential clients. With 820 employees worldwide, our clients 'Made in Germany' products and services evolve with the educational landscape, fostering inspirational learning environments that promote productivity and relaxation.
Their Sales Manager will lead customer acquisition and relationship management within a diverse range of furniture solutions designed for various educational and office environments. Reporting directly to the President USA, this role involves collaborating with architects, designers, and educational institutions to create tailored design solutions aligned with pedagogical concepts. The Sales Manager leads bidding negotiations, manages order processing, and ensures timely delivery, while also refining the US sales strategy to match market trends in collaboration with the German HQ. With our client you'll start your journey as an Area Sales Manager, with the opportunity to develop into a National Sales Manager role.
As the Sales Manager, your role encompasses:
- Shape, refine, and execute the US sales strategy to ensure impactful market penetration while contributing to the company's overall strategic planning through an extensive network of dealer/contract partners.
- Execute consulting-oriented sales strategies to address customer needs effectively with engagement in concept-driven as well as space/design-oriented discussions.
- Lead customer acquisition efforts and nurture existing client relationships, prioritizing customer visits and presenting the company's distinct characteristics while being able to clarify technical and commercial aspects of orders with customers.
- Establish and foster relationships with architects, designers, educational institutions, districts and dealers, enhancing the network of partnerships.
- Develop innovative conceptual solutions that resonate with diverse pedagogical concepts embraced by educational institutions. Partner closely with construction and engineering teams to ensure the technical prowess of proposals and plans.
- Organize and actively participate in trade shows and forums, amplifying their presence in industry gatherings.
- Contribute significantly to the expansion of the product portfolio, incorporating customer requests and preferences.
- Stay attuned to evolving customer needs and market trends through continuous research, informing decision-making with relevant insights.
What our client is looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in business management or administration; additional training in interior architecture for educational establishments desirable
- Experience within the furniture industry, specifically in the school furniture market sector a plus
- Demonstrated track record with several years of successful sales experience, particularly in consumer goods requiring detailed explanation
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills; German language abilities a plus
- Proficiency in using MS-Office and SAP; familiarity with CRM systems
- Profound project management skills to effectively handle multifaceted tasks
- Entrepreneurial and visionary mindset that contributes to organizational growth
- Willingness and availability for travel as required