Our client is a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, the company has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, our client continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
As the Sourcing Analyst you will have the responsibility for the overall relationship between our client and a set of our key suppliers. Tapping into your strategic thinking, innate leadership and superior communication skills, you manage current supplier performance as well as uncover/ready potential new suppliers (as needed). You are a go-getter who takes the initiative while applying your skillful financial/business analysis skills which are greatly aided by your background in engineering or technology.
- Lead negotiations for existing and new Supplier Agreements, Contract Negotiations, Inventory Agreements, Price Negotiations, Cost Savings, Market Rate of Demand (MRD), Two bin and Kanban systems, Consignment, VMI, 3PL, outsourcing, lead time reductions, non-disclosure agreements, etc. to ensure the company is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current and potential suppliers.
- Continually explore Sourcing/Re-sourcing (includes VMI and Packaging) opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Review Corporate’s supply market analysis, and any other relevant supply chain and macroeconomic reports as inputs for strategic sourcing initiatives and cost savings projects. Monitor developments and trends within the supply base and ensures our client is prepared to react appropriately.
- Establish and sustain a partnership with Purchasing, Engineering, Quality, Product Management, and Corporate Sourcing Team to identify, evaluate and approve new and alternate Suppliers.
- Responsible of the Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ) and Request for Information (RFI) processes and coordinates communication between Suppliers and the multi-functional Team.
- Works with Finance and Suppliers to monitor actual vs agreement cost savings, inflation and lead times.
- Prepare all necessary reports to support negotiations and visits to suppliers.
- Collaborates with the Purchasing Manager and Buyers to execute the supplier performance scorecard process.
- Lead all activities related with New Suppliers Visits from preparing all necessary information and follow-up on actions agreed from Supplier meetings.
- Participate in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings.
- Align with the Category Management team on global strategy and local execution (will dotted line report to Sourcing Leader).
- Manages VMI Vendors
- Partners with Logistics/Compliance Manager to assure compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations Hazmat, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or Engineering is required or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Bilingual in German, required
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Purchasing /Procurement positions in a manufacturing environment, including 2+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience in Low volume, high mix electromechanical manufacturing is preferred.
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record.
- Proven ability to develop strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements.
- Hands-on work experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis.
- Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25%
- Superior negotiation skills including the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management both internally and externally, including cross functional teams.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Proficiency in all MS Office Suite applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision is a plus