NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
Known globally for its high-precision filling and closing machines, the Germany based groninger company is a world leader in highly sophisticated, innovative and customized solutions for manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. groninger USA, located in Charlotte, NC (photo) is the regional headquarter for our American and Canadian customer base. We offer an unparalleled work environment and outstanding career opportunities for manufacturing, sales, machine assembly, engineering, procurement and after sales support incl. field service. groninger USA LLC offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the procurement of commercial and production parts.
• Works with the Customer Support Department to process Requests for Quote (RFQs)
• Determines pricing for parts produced in-house and sourced from third parties in the US
• Issues RFQs and sources raw material, custom and standard commercial parts.
• Enters purchasing data into the company’s PSIpenta ordering system to ensure it is up-to-date
• Procures parts for machines manufactured by groninger USA
• Purchases supplies for groninger USA’s manufacturing and assembly groups
• Supports departmental projects and initiatives such as ERP/ MES system, vendor database and pricing database maintenance/ improvement
• Cooperates with counterparts in Germany to procure parts and to continuously optimize quality and efficiency of cooperation
• 5+ years of procurement experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Degree in business or in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• Penchant for building effective vendor relationships, compare/ evaluate offers
• Experienced and strong negotiator
• Ability to read specification sheets and technical drawings
• Understanding of manufacturing process sequences and documentation requirements
• Scheduling/ project management experience, strong attention to detail and deadlines
• Disciplined, structured approach; Enters data efficiently and accurately into various systems
• Ability to handle complex ERP, MES, technical software packages
• Advanced use of MS Excel
• Intrinsic motivation and drive to continuously optimize vendor quality and pricing
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly ethical in business conduct
• Ability to adapt easily to changing work environments and to multi-task
• German language skills (preferred)
• Experience with PSIpenta & Agile (preferred)
Salary and Benefits:
Full time, reduced hours considered
How to apply:Please submit your application materials to Smith Foushee at s.foushee(at)groningerusa.com (subject line: job title). Referrals are welcome