Who are we?
The continuing mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce® of the Midwest (GACC Midwest/AHK USA-Chicago), a 501 (c)(6) organization headquartered in Chicago with a branch office in Michigan, is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the Midwestern region of the United States. Our organization combines elements of a trade commission, a membership association, and a professional consultancy - quite a unique concept in international trade promotion. Read more about our organization at www.gaccmidwest.org
What does this role entail?
The Front Desk Coordinator will provide comprehensive front-of-office functions including greeting clients, providing general GACC Midwest information, directing visitors, engaging in customer service, and answering incoming calls. In addition, the Front Desk Coordinator will prepare materials for meetings; maintain NetSuite, OptiSigns and iVisitor information and serve as office control coordinator through administrative support. This position is responsible for handling the day-to-day office matters including direct liaison with incoming clients/visitors, as well as maintaining the overall integrity and operational functionality of the office.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors and provide excellent customer service
- Manage the reception area and maintain a clean and organized office workspace
- Handle incoming mail, packages, and deliveries with importance on distribution and logging
- Provide comprehensive office support functions, set up conference rooms and member landing spots and the coordination/scheduling of GACC Midwest meetings/appointments
- Provide administrative support as well as cultural recognition of notable holidays including tasteful recognition of GACC Midwest staff events, birthdays and anniversaries
- Maintain Visitor and Attendee Data Information through Netsuite, iVisitor and Constant Contact
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in a front desk or customer facing role
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience in CRM software desired
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High-level English language required, German language skills desirable
Why GACC Midwest?
At GACC Midwest, we believe that our benefits should make a difference - to you, your job, today and in the future. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
- Team spirit instead of rigid hierarchies
- Competitive vacation policy, starting with 20 days, increasing with seniority up to 30 days
- 14 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, plus additional days around Thanksgiving and Year End
- Health insurance with multiple plan options and networks (BlueCross / BlueShield HMO, PPO, HSA) & Guardian dental and vision
- 401(k) matching with a competitive, discretionary employer contribution
- Company-paid life insurance + AD&D/additional voluntary life + AD&D (also for spouse and children)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-paid long-term disability
- FSA health care and dependent care
- FSA commuter (transit and/or parking)
- Goal oriented bonus plan
- Plus: Work from home policy, flextime policy
- We offer German classes in collaboration with the Goethe Institute
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Potential employees are subject to background checks.