GACC Midwest is seeking a full-time Manager, Company Outreach, Apprenticeship Networks, based out of our Chicago office, reporting to the Deputy Director, Apprenticeship Networks. This position is responsible for growing and strengthening German-style apprenticeship programs, managed, and certified by GACC Midwest by increasing company participation throughout the Midwest of the United States. The position strengthens GACC Midwest’s intermediary function for the ICATT (Industry Consortium for Advanced Technical Training) and MAT2 (Michigan Advanced Technician Training) Apprenticeship programs. Find more information about GACC Midwest’s Apprenticeship activities HERE
What does this role entail?
This is a highly visible and strong business development role. The individual will be primarily responsible for driving company participation in GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship programs and promotion of German-style apprenticeships in the USA.
Identification and outreach to companies to expand existing and build new apprenticeship clusters for GACC Midwest’s ICATT (Industry Consortium for Advanced Technical Training) and MAT2 (Michigan Advanced Technician Training) Apprenticeship Programs are a major part of this role.
Serving as the first point of contact for new and current companies, this position will engage and consult companies on the implementation of GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship programs as a turnkey solution for the implementation of mid-to long-term workforce development strategies through apprenticeships.
This position will work with and support the larger team of GACC Midwest’s Apprenticeship Networks Department to coordinate outreach, consulting, and all intermediary services for companies.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Proactively identify, meet, and engage prospective network companies with the clearly defined goal to increase the number of network companies in GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship programs.
- Serve as the first point of contact for current network companies and strengthen GACC Midwest’s intermediary function by supporting network companies in all apprenticeship related matters. In this regard, the Manager, Company Outreach, Apprenticeship Networks conducts regular check-ins with network companies and advises C-level, trainers, HR, apprentices, etc. on the implementation of GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship programs by addressing topics such as: implementation of OJT (on-the-job-training) standards at the company, coordination with RI (related instruction) providers (Colleges), applicant outreach, etc.
- Actively engage with all relevant actors and stakeholders within the workforce development landscape, e.g., Industry Associations, Employer Organizations, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of Education, State Apprenticeship Agencies, Colleges, High-Schools, Education system at large, workforce development agencies etc.
- Identify new avenues for the growth of GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship programs, build beneficial business relationships with various partner organizations (private and public) on local, regional as well as state and federal level.
- Develop strategies and concepts to enhance GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship program intermediary services.
- Keep abreast of the latest business and economic developments, as these issues may affect key industries in which our Apprenticeship program network companies operate.
- Document all relevant communication within GACC Midwest’s CRM system.
- Market and cross sell a broad range of GACC Midwest activities and services, such as our various networking and roundtable events, recruiting services, apprenticeship programs, consulting services, as well as marketing, sponsorship, and advertising opportunities etc. Support all activities and initiatives of GACC Midwest on a local, regional, national, and international basis as appropriate.
Who are we looking for?
- 3+ years of work experience in a workforce development or business development role. Additional business experience in other roles would also be valuable for this position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact and engage multiple levels within an organization (C-level, sales, HR, etc.)
- Self-motivated and highly dedicated
- Proactive and highly responsive
- Strong focus on building and nurturing relationships
- Solid understanding of the US Apprenticeship and workforce development system.
- Ability to generate revenue by selling a range of GACC Midwest’s professional apprenticeship services and other benefits/opportunities to a diverse base of companies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as CRM and mailing/list management systems
- Travel is required domestically, and possibly internationally. A significant amount of time will be spent outside the Chamber’s office, visiting current and potential members, or attending Chamber and partner events throughout the Midwest of the U.S. In this respect, the ability to drive and access transportation to reach companies and other stakeholders and conduct meetings outside of urban areas is essential
- Must be available to attend Chamber and partner events, including outside of normal business hours
Why GACC Midwest?
At GACC Midwest, we believe that our benefits should make a difference - to you, your job, today and in the future. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
- Competitive vacation policy, starting with 20 days, increasing with seniority up to 30 days
- 14 Paid holidays including Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, plus additional days around Thanksgiving and Year End
- “Unlimited” Sick Day Policy
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with multiple plan options and networks (BlueCross / BlueShield HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-paid Life Insurance + AD&D / Spouse AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- FSA Health Care / FSA Transit
- 401(k) matching with a competitive, discretionary employer contribution
- Bonus plan
- Plus: Work from Home Policy, Flex-Time Policy
- We offer German classes in collaboration with the Goethe Institute
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Potential employees are subject to background checks.