12 Month Business Development Internship, Berlin Business Office, New York, NY
The German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is offering a twelve month internship to support the Berlin Business Office (BBO). The BBO is the representative office of the Berlin Government, Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises and was established on September 17, 2019. Its mission is to attract and support U.S. companies expanding to Berlin, support Berlin-based companies entering U.S. markets, and promotes Berlin’s start-up scene.
BBO focuses on the proven strengths of Berlin to the U.S. business, tech, and government communities by highlighting:
- Outstanding locations for research, technology, commerce and industry, startups and labs
- Attractive, international location for qualified and motivated professionals
- Impressive and creative diversity with an outstanding quality of life.
- Administrative responsibilities: telephone calls, emails, event & travel planning, database maintenance, meeting preparation, etc.
- Research to identify target companies via internet research, business intelligence tools, publications, etc.
- Support managing director with follow-up, expansion projects and location marketing
- Assist with the publication of quarterly newsletters
- Attend industry conferences and networking events – locally and at times outside of the NY Area
- Create industry profiles and presentations, e.g., ICT/DIGI, Life Science, Cleantech, AR/VR, etc.
- Identify industry specific market opportunities for SMEs from Berlin
- Assist in the organization of delegation trips or Berlin projects in the US
- Work on specific projects under the direction of the managing director, including the creation of content for social media, mailing campaigns, and press releases
- Translate correspondence and marketing materials from German to English and vice versa
- Accompany managing director to business & tech events and trade shows in target industries
- Highly motivated and service oriented individual
- Able to meet deadlines and multitask
- Professional manner with an outgoing personality
- Interested in economic development, international business, and marketing
- Enthusiastic about learning and flexible in the workplace – willingness to attend events on occasion
- Exceptional communication skills in German and English
- Knowledge of Berlin as a business location and its industry clusters
- Excellent computer skills (entire MS Office Suite; InDesign a plus)
- Be part of an international team in the heart of New York’s financial district co-located at the German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Work in one of the most important business and technology center in the United States
- Become knowledgeable of all aspects of economic development, as BBO engages with clients, U.S. counterparts, German Consulates, Berlin Partner, IHK Berlin, etc.
- Networking opportunities with large corporations, innovative startups & VCs especially in New York and on the U.S. East Coast
- Able to incorporate new ideas and contribute unique skills
The position pays $2,470/mo (if applicable, J-1 visa costs are covered).
Ideally the final candidate will start as soon as possible at the beginning of 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.