The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization, which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S. Our services focus on the areas of Consulting (U.S. Market Entry, Business Representation, Site Selection, and Career Services) and Skills/ Apprenticeship, and Membership. We are part of an international network composed of 150 German foreign chambers of commerce and government offices in 93 countries.
We are seeking a full-time Membership Manager in Atlanta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy for membership acquisition, growth, retention, and membership-related event planning in GA, AL, TN
- Support the strategy development process for the marketing department
- Ensure the timely entry and accuracy of member and prospective member contacts in the CRM system (SalesForce / MS Dynamics)
- Add, maintain, and update customer contacts in the CRM system (SalesForce)
- Develop and organize member prospects complete with key contacts and background information
- Planning, organizing, and carrying-out membership related events (supported by an event manager)
- Develop monthly membership reports for GACC South management
- Maintaining business partnerships and responding to members’/customers’ needs
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets that clearly illustrate member involvement at GACC South
- Provide excellent customer service for GACC South Members
- Cross-selling of other GACC South services
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- Planning and conducting customer visits to existing members and potential new members
- Promote customer networking (networking members with each other).
- Completed studies in business, communications, marketing, or related fields
- Some work experience in communications, Public Relations, or Customer Service fields
- Experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach
- Very strong networking and customer service skills
- Research and data collection skills
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English & German languages
- A self-motivated, energetic learner with a good sense of humor
- Detail-oriented, well developed organizational skills and a strategic thinker
- Comfortable with travel, including weekends, and working in a continuously changing environment
- Must possess an open communications style
- Highly organized and with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Working well under pressure requires multitasking and being a team player
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SalesForce, MS Dynamics or other CRM software
- Moderate travel in the region or as assigned by Management
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Hourly non-exempt position
How to apply: Please submit your full application via this portal. Please note that we can only accept applications with a valid U.S. work authorization at this time.
Information for applicants: Thank you very much for your application and interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are receiving, we cannot answer each application personally. We are in the process of reviewing all incoming applications. We will contact you if we find that your skills meet our particular needs.