Internship with Bavarian U.S. Offices for Economic Development
- 6 – 12 months
- Virtual position to start
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Office Located in New Haven, CT with coworking offices in New York City (New York Global Cyber Center) and Cambridge, MA (Cambridge Innovation Center - CIC). HQ in Munich Germany
- Contact person:
Janet Danisman Sutherland
Executive Director | Bavaria U.S Offices, East
German Honorary Consul, CT & RI
Bavarian US Offices for Economic Development, East Coast is looking for a self initiating, motivated trainee with demonstrated ability to work well in a team as well as independently. You should have proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while still paying attention to detail. You will be in an exciting international environment which has its pulse on the economy, developing technologies, innovation and the financial markets. You will be talking regularly with c-level executives in the sectors of tech, mobility, digital health, biotech, medtech, cleantech and energy in the US, but also in Germany. We look forward to talking with you about this role which is at the intersection of diplomacy, international business development and innovation.
The Bavarian U.S. Offices for Economic Development, LLC are the representative offices of Germany’s largest and wealthiest state, Bavaria (GDP $700B), in the US. We offer confidential assistance to companies pursuing EU/EMEA and DACH market entry and expansion and have forged successful relationships in both the US and German tech and investment ecosystems. Our services in many of the traditional and emerging verticals are free of charge and available to companies of all sizes and all investment stages. Bavaria comprises Europe’s 6th largest economy (greater than Norway & Portugal’s economies combined) and attracts some of the world’s fastest-growing unicorns and tech giants, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Palantir, Cloudflare, Lyft, Uber, and Slack.
The agency’s offerings are cost free and include the following:
- Practical assistance through all stages of the European expansion process
- Extensive data about the state’s economy, key industries, and market environment.
- Information about support programs and incentives
- Assistance with official administrative formalities such as business incorporation, visa application and
- Liaison to government agencies, organizations, and local chambers of commerce.
- Identification of business and research partners
- Organization of site visits in Germany
- Identify target companies by internet research, attending (virtual) events/networking and by following trends and news of U.S. companies
- Publish content on social media channels, maintain website, write press releases, blog entries
- Correspond with target companies to market the state; focus on digital economy, Tech, Mobility, Biotech/Medtech/Digital Health, Cleantech/Energy
- Assist with planning, marketing, management of 9th annual investors conference www.oktoberinvestfest.com (virtual for now)
- Assist with virtual expansion program www.expand2europe.org
- Identify new channels to meet innovative growth companies and financial investors in USA
- Accompany project managers to events and trade shows in various industries and assist with location marketing and with client follow-up (virtual for now)
- Support project managers with expansion projects and potentially manage your own expansion projects
- Maintain CRM (salesforce)
- Assist with reporting
- University graduate or student
- Professional work experience in marketing, communications, tech or related field, preferable in English speaking companies
- Excellent computer skills, Photoshop/InDesign a strong plus, salesforce a plus but not required
- Fluent in English with excellent English writing skills
- German language skills a plus
- Knowledge of the European market
- Strong networker
- Ability to multitask and prioritize