Position: Manager Customer Service (Field Service Operations)
Location: Elgin, IL Candidates must be available for frequent travel (up to 50%)
Our client is a leading global supplier of innovative surface treatment technology serving the automotive and other manufacturing industries. The company is headquartered in Germany and has a US subsidiary office in Elgin, IL since 2009.
Due to the company's ever-expanding growth, they are now seeking a hands-on Manager Customer Service. Reporting to the CEO and CTO, the role will be directing (and often hands-on executing) all service, spares and training engagements in the North American territory. The manager will supervise field support engineers, spares inventory personnel, provide technical expertise and direction, develop service & spares parts product offerings and training programs. The position requires a deep understanding of electro-mechanical production systems in hi-tech manufacturing environments, troubleshooting and teaching experience. Besides directing all service engagements, this role also supports the company's sales staff with technical expertise.
- Supervise the field service staff and direct all technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventive maintenance, and engineering change upgrades performed at the company’s sites and labs.
- Ensure adequate records and systems are maintained for all service activities.
- Schedule personnel responding to critical situations.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Maintain communication with design management and specialists in resolving technical problems and/or bringing problems to the design department’s attention.
- Own and be responsible for the professional representation of service to the customer.
- Oversee the inspection and validation of plasma equipment before shipment to customers.
- Technical diploma or University degree, preferably in (electrical/electro-mechanical) engineering
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience and 5+ years of supervisory service experience (in a hi-tech industry, semiconductor or related fields desired)
- Plasma processing equipment experience desired
- Ability to travel frequently across North America, occasional international travel required
- Experience with cross-cultural teams and European engineering departments
- Military background and leadership experience
- Enjoys working for a smaller/mid-size company with a global reach to nearly all industries