NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
Known globally for its high-precision filling and closing machines, the Germany based groninger company is a world leader in highly sophisticated, innovative and customized solutions for manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. groninger USA, located in Charlotte, NC is the regional headquarter for our American and Canadian customer base. We offer an unparalleled work environment and outstanding career opportunities for manufacturing, sales, machine assembly, engineering, procurement and after sales support incl. field service. groninger USA LLC offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. Come see for yourself!
Job Title: Technical Drafter
Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Write training documents for customers or company internal use, SOP’s, Work Instructions, Manuals, etc.
- Create 3D models from existing 2D drawings
- Liaison with German Technical and Design teams.
- Follow SOP’s and workflows.
- Work 40 hours per week, ensure on-time attendance and be willing to work overtime hours.
- Be subject matter expert regarding company drawing standards
- Create finished 2D drawings for the engineers
- Create 2D inventor drawings (.idw) on legacy parts that do not exist. (model file exists, but drawing file is still AutoCAD .dwg)
- Update legacy assembly files to latest standard. Complete with fasteners and finished BOM. Check obsolescence in the process.
- Provide DXF flats if requested or STEP files if procurement cannot create them.
- Create and/or review BOM’s
- Review, correct or ask questions if needed, and release drawings
- Support creating Quotes
- Perform technical checks on parts
- Assist with Support Desk tasks
- Successfully completed an Associates Degree in a technical field or training in the fields of mechanical engineering technology or mechatronics or comparable knowledge and skills
- Must be able to read and speak German
- Structured and conscientious way of working
Email your resume to: