NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
InfraTec GmbH was founded 1991 in Dresden / Germany and remains the headquarters for worldwide distribution. The privately held company manufactures and markets infrared (IR) sensors and systems mainly designed for a wavelength range from 2 to 25 µm. We operate in the B2B wholesale market with industrial applications.
After 25 years in business the number of permanent employees worldwide now exceeds 225. We have been operating a small but successful U.S. subsidiary in Plano, TX since 2007 to manage the sales activities in the North American market.
Typical applications of IR sensors (particularly pyroelectric detectors) are:
- Medical and industrial gas analysis
- Flame and fire detection
- Radiometers and spectrometers
Currently, we have an opening for a Sales Manager IR sensors (pyroelectric detectors) to double our sales force of IR components in the US market. This Sales Manager, working from a future branch office anywhere on the East Coast, will collaborate with our Applications Manager with focus on Eastern parts of North America (US and Canada).
The successful candidate will:
- maintain high quality customer support with current OEM customers,
- manage a multiyear developing phase of new OEM customers and
- acquire customers as well as qualify initial contacts.
The new sales manager is a highly motivated individual with sales experience in the electronic component business and possesses related technical skills. The right candidate successfully works with little supervision, is a self-starter and should be willing to undergo a 2 week job training at InfraTec’s headquarters in Dresden, Germany by the end of 2019.
Sales Manager IR sensors (East Coast of North America)
- Operation of the North American subsidiary together with the Applications Manager and an Office Manager - comprehensively supported by the sales team in Germany.
- Customer liaison and technical support of current OEM customers in close cooperation with Headquarters’ sales team, including customer visits.
- Monitor customers’ developing phase by discussing the application with the customer, narrowing down the customer’s needs and coordinating production and delivery schedules according to the customer’s needs.
- Provide technical customer service; act as liaison between overseas headquarters and customer.
- Conduct commercial communication with the customer.
- Business development (e.g. provide input for online presence & marketing material, attend trade shows & conferences, conduct cold calls & customer visits with technical support from Germany).
- Support development of annual and short-term business plans & sales forecasts.
- Analyze account developments, trends and progress.
Qualifications / Compensation:
- Master’s or other advanced degree in business, engineering or science.
- Relevant industry and sales experience within component businesses highly desired.
- Broad general technical knowledge required.
- Ability to travel domestically and occasionally abroad as needed. (e.g. twice per year to Headquarters in Germany)
- Strong written, negotiation, and oral communication skills are required.
- German language skills preferred but not required.
- Competitive fixed (base) salary plus variable compensation based on profitability of North American sales. Competitive benefits package, including retirement contributions and customizable medical insurance package.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Please send your resume and cover letter to hr(at)infratec-infrared.com. We look forward to hearing from you! For urgent questions regarding the application process please contact Simone at 469-438-9404.