We are offering the below permanent full-time position in our US Office with an option to work remotely as needed.
Translation Support Engineer (m/f/d) with German Knowledge
The translation orders from our customers are prepared in-house for our translators in a “translation-friendly” form.
Your responsibilities include:
- Transcription, closed captioning and optimization of subtitles
- Analysis and extraction of the texts to be translated and preparation for translation in our CAT tools (SDL Trados Studio, STAR Transit, Across, etc.)
- Creation and management of translation memories and term bases
- Layout adjustment of translation texts
- Formatting of translated texts before sending them back to the customer
- Translation projects with DTP programs (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Preparation of a variety of different filetypes for translation (e.g. XML, INI, HTML)
- Professional and technical support for colleagues as well as training in CAT tools for new employees
For this responsible position as a bridge between our project management and our translation team.
These are qualities we look for:
- Excellent written and spoken English and German skills
- A degree with linguistic and/or IT focus
- Extensive experience using MS Office
- Experience with regex, macros and/or scripting languages is a plus
- Some initial experience with translation memory tools (e.g. SDL Trados Studio, STAR Transit) and DTP (e.g. Acrobat, InDesign)
- Good organizational skills, time-management, flexibility and assertiveness
AT EVS TRANSLATIONS:
- An international and challenging work environment within EVS Translations
- A highly motivated global team
- Insurance for medical, dental, life, vision, long and short-term disability
- 16 vacation days, 10 company holidays, 5 sick days
- Pension plan benefits
As an international translation company with 150 employees – 50% being in-house translators and proofreaders – EVS Translations provides high-end multilingual language services for clients drawn from all sectors. Become part of the team and apply now!
EVS Translations GmbH
260 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303