The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern U.S., Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization that serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the
We are seeking a highly motivated full-time intern to support our Events Manager for 12 months. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has an events background, and is able to plan, manage and execute events.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Research and negotiate with potential vendors such as venues, caterers, entertainment etc.
- Outreach to potential speakers for conferences
- Manage communication with vendors leading up to event day
- Review and analyze events post mortem and prepare to wrap reports analysis for Events Manager
- Support finding sponsors for events
- Previous exposure to events planning and execution is welcome
- We are accepting international applications for a 12-month training period
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, PR, Marketing, Business, or related
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in English
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-motivated, energetic learner with a good sense of humor
- Detail oriented, well developed organizational skills and a strategic thinker with the ability to make smart decisions on the fly
- German language skills are a plus but not required
Start Date: June 2022 for regional applicants or Q4 2022 for international applicants
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hourly Compensation: up to $15/ hour
Benefits: Health, paid time off, and ancillary benefits
Please note that we cannot respond to each application due to the many applications we receive. We look at every resume and will contact individual applicants for initial interviews.