Job Title: 12-18 months Internship Business Network & Events
Area: Events & Membership
Located in the heart of Wall Street, GACC New York provides unique networking opportunities for its diverse and dynamic network of business professionals. The GACC New York organizes more than 50 events per year and is the point of contact for more than 950 member companies.
The German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (GACC New York) serves both local and German-based companies and promotes bilateral business relations between the United States and Germany while creating impactful transatlantic synergies. GACCNY is part of 140 German Chambers worldwide and offers wide range of services from legal and market entry assistance to career services and J-1 visa sponsorship.
Our Membership & Events team is currently looking for a trainee starting in April 2020 who
• likes to interact with young professionals, startups and corporates to create unique events (conferences, pitch nights, workshops, gala dinners, etc.)
• wants to make an impact in the German-American Business Community and assist our 900+ member companies
• Supports us with our day to day business in member acquisition & retention
• is willing to assist our team with ad‐hoc projects relating to events and member management to drive successful long‐term partnerships and sales
• enjoys working as part of the team, assisting other team members and learning
Benefits and Compensation:
Salary: $2470/month plus GACC J-1 visa sponsorship fee is covered if necessary
Costs covered by candidate:
Health insurance, flight, cost of living in New York, following visa costs: SEVIS fee and U.S. Consulate fee (if applicable)