Note to Applicants:
Due to the recent Presidential Proclamation suspending the J-1 Visa program until the end of 2020, we are currently unable to consider any applications from candidates without existing work authorization for the US market. We thank you for your understanding and encourage affected applicants to consider re-applying at a later date once the J-1 Visa program has resumed.
Start date: January 2021
Duration: 9-12 months
The mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (GACC Midwest) is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States. All internships offer the opportunity to gain work experience in a truly bilingual and bicultural environment, with support from colleagues that can help speed the learning curve of understanding intercultural differences and nuances.
- High-level proficiency in English; intermediate German language skills preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Exceedingly high attention to detail and a solid understanding of Communications and PR
- Prior experience in event management, public relations, and graphic design would be particularly helpful
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to interact effectively with Members and event-related business partners
- Assist with full-cycle event management activities for a wide range of events, including:
- Designing invitations and event brochures and event programs
- Carrying out logistical arrangements for events such as travel itineraries, researching venue, and vendor options
- Promoting events and acquiring sponsors
- Conducting post-event follow-up and review
- Administer the Membership database and maintain accurate records for all GACC Midwest members; engage in activities to retain and acquire new members for the Chamber