NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
Schubert North America is the largest foreign subsidiary of the Schubert Group, a global leader in the field of modular, intelligent top-loading packaging systems. Schubert has been active in North America for more than 20 years and established its North American headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2015. North America is Schubert’s most important export market worldwide. Over the past 50 years, Schubert has played a major role in the development of the international packaging market. With high-level consistency and foresight, the company has aligned itself to the current and future needs of its customers, while breaking entirely new grounds in terms of technology. www.schubert.group
The objective of the Project Manager is to successfully manage sold projects until final acceptance at the customer site. The Project Manager will work closely together with Schubert North America’s sales team, with the company’s customers, as well as with the project team, engineering and design departments at Schubert’s headquarters in Germany.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to: n.hoffmann(at)schubert-na.com
· Work closely with the engineering manager, sales managers and customers through all stages of the project until completion.
· Coordinate customer projects with the customer and Schubert internally.
· Understand customer needs and Schubert’s capabilities.
· Ensure project fulfillment tasks are completed accurately and timely.
· Prepare a project plan and monitor this plan to ensure milestones are met.
· Meet financial objectives by working with project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions if necessary.
· Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, prepare action plans, achieve positive conflict resolution with customer.
· Handle change management and keep track of variations.
· Travel to customer sites within North America, as well as, to Schubert’s head office in Germany.
· Preparation of PO’s and supporting documents for Schubert Germany, develop and maintain schedules for each individual project to identify when specific tasks will be performed and to ensure projects meet timeline expectations
· Regularly prepare progress reports and communicate with stakeholders
· Organize, schedule, attend and document factory acceptance tests (FAT)
· Organization of the installation and commissioning of site acceptance tests (SAT) together with the customer
· Effectively resolve technical, timing and any other issues which may arise during the course of the project
· Support customers with technical questions
· Multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time
· Build trust and relationships between customer and Schubert
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
· 2+ years of experience in a project management role, primarily managing capital equipment projects.
· Ability to read machine schematics and detailed technical documents.
· Experience in change management.
· Proven time and cost management skills.
· Strong organizational management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, enabling proper and professional communication skills on all levels.
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including MS Project and CAD software.
· Excellent conflict-resolution skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Experience in working with customers within the Industrial marketplace.
· Ability to manage projects independently, while still acting as a team-player.
· Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
· PMP certification or similar.
· Technical understanding of packaging machinery and the packaging industry.
· Experience in the packaging equipment field.
· German language skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.
At Schubert North America we foster a fulfilling workplace for employees, create an environment for continuous learning and embrace the ideas of others. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce. Schubert is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, pregnancy, race, color, reed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to: n.hoffmann(at)schubert-na.com