Our client is a German-based, internationally-operating group of companies offering standard and customizable system solutions for surface finishing applications across a range of industries. A family-owned business founded in the 1960s, the company supports their manufacturing clients with the planning, production and installation of fully-automated equipment that covers all steps of the surface treatment process, from pre-treatment to painting, conveyor and handling systems, to drying and exhaust air filtering.
This position will report directly to the Head of Sales at the German HQ.
- Drive sales revenues at accounts by leading all aspects of the highly consultative technical sales cycle, from lead generation to system delivery.
- Prospect and qualify sales leads via direct outreach, trade shows and other appropriate channels. Schedule meetings with target customers to present the company's capabilities and system USPs.
- Work closely with customers to design customized system solutions that meet their unique application requirements; gather all required information and develop initial process descriptions, technical drafts and cost calculations.
- Negotiate and review contracts that secure appropriate margins.
- Serve as a technical resource for existing and potential clients and coordinate activities on their behalf with internal project management and equipment service teams.
- Track all sales activities per established company procedures in the CRM system.
- Influence ongoing product development by providing valuable market feedback to German HQ related to local market trends and customer requirements
- Follow all established company policies and procedures and act at all times with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
- 5+ years of experience in consultative technical sales, ideally of automated capital equipment
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline is required; candidates without a formal Engineering background must demonstrate advanced technical skills gained through prior employment or other training
- Strong background in the woodworking/furniture production industry, including an understanding of industry procurement practices as well as an existing contact network of decision-makers at relevant target customers
- Experience in technical system design and/or project management would be of significant value; candidates should ideally have familiarity with drafting software
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills