The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the southeastern United States. Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S. Our services focus on the areas of Consulting (U.S. Market Entry, Business Representation, Site Selection, and Career Services) and Membership. Our organization is part of an international network composed of 150 German foreign chambers of commerce and government offices in 93 countries.
The GACC South is looking for a highly motivated full-time, bilingual (German/English) Project Manager to support our Business Development Consulting Team in Atlanta.
As a member of our team, you will be supporting a vital link in the transatlantic economy.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Consult German companies with their U.S. market entry strategy and subsequent implementation, to include:
- Execution of client- or inquiry-specific market research to determine product/service potential in the U.S. market.
- Answering general inquiries about U.S. business practices
- Matchmaking between German and American companies via phone and email to establish contact with potential business, distribution and manufacturing partners in the U.S. for clients.
- Support with business trip planning for business leaders (clients) interested in meeting with potential business partners.
- Preparation of client offers and quotations.
- Manage and steer ongoing market entry and expansion projects.
- Coordination and controlling of project invoicing together with accounting department.
- Budget and reporting responsibility.
- Acquisition of new clients by telephone and face-to-face meetings in Germany and the USA (e.g. at events and tradeshows; ability to represent entire services portfolio is a must)
- Drafting proposals and bids for government sponsored projects including market studies, delegations and conferences; project implementation if proposal is selected (full project management including venue and speaker acquisition, catering, invitation and registration management etc.)
- Collaboration with key governmental partners in Germany (DIHK, IHKs, Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), Associations, etc.)
- Supporting the virtual office service of the GACC South.
- Relationship management with previous, existing and potential clients.
- Occasional travel necessary depending on projects and client requirements.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) or higher degree in business, economics, or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant professional work experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of prioritization and efficient allocation of time and resources
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability is a requirement
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent communication and customer-service skills
- Cold-calling experience a plus
- Experience with both German and American business environments strongly desired
- High comfort level interacting with clients; Service-oriented personality
- Ability to work effectively and independently in an international environment, while integrating well with the team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
Start date: ASAP
(partial work from home setup)
To all applicants:
Thank you very much for your interest in a full time position with GACC South. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to answer each applicant individually. If we find that your skills meet our specific business needs we will contact you. Thank you for your understanding.