Our client is a well-established, family-based provider of innovative precision metal stampings with a German-based ownership. Their customized stamping solutions utilize deep-draw technology and serve numerous application areas in a range of industries, including automotive and consumer goods. The company strives to design manufacturing systems that allow for quick changeovers and rapid set-ups, which permits them to deliver their custom-produced products to their customers at industry-leading speeds.
The company is currently seeking a Tool and Die Setter to join their team. The Tool and Die Setter will be responsible for setting up and operating punch-presses to produce customer-specific products while supporting quality control measures and ensuring proper equipment maintenance and production area cleanliness standards. This position offers ample room for professional growth.
- Perform complete punch-press set-up, including assembly of all necessary materials to the workstations by operating a forklift and properly setting up and operating punch presses to produce high quality parts per unique customer specifications.
- Gain knowledge of stations of the dies.
- Read and understand piece part prints as well as prints pertaining to punches.
- Responsible for receiving punches from the tool control area, placing the dies into the press, loading and adjusting material coils and producing acceptable parts in the standard time with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Develop the skillset to solve problems when machine is not making a conforming part or is not performing to acceptable standards. Display independent judgement in regard to machine problems and adjustments as they affect either quality or production.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating in a safe manner at all times.
- Follow and maintain adherence to production/quality standards by utilizing quality control equipment (i.e., shadowgraph or similar pieces) to ensure the machine is producing a quality part before leaving the production area.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and safety throughout the production area.
- Previous experience working with punch presses required.
- Extensive hands-on experience in the set-up of progressive, multi-slide dies producing close tolerance piece parts, preferred but not required.
- Valid license for forklifts (or able to obtain license for forklifts).
- Ability to effectively use all standard inspection equipment found in die shop such as micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, shadow graphs.
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary).
- Must be physically capable of the demands of the job on a daily basis, for instance the ability to stand for long periods of time and to move dies or parts into presses.
- Experience in the Automotive industry preferred.
- Demonstrated capability interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to read, write, and perform light clerical duties pertaining to product or quality.