Location: Home Office located in the Midwest, ideally near a major airport. Domestic travel (60%) required as well as periodic travel to Ontario, Canada, and German HQ.
Our client is a well-established US-subsidiary of a German-based progressive laser materials processing machinery company specializing in the design, construction, sales, and service of industrial laser equipment for 3D laser engraving, cutting, marking, and welding based out of Kansas. Their advanced technology involves a high level of automation, making them a top choice for industries such as medical and automotive markets as well as aerospace and defense.
As part of their ongoing development, the company is currently seeking an entrepreneurial Sales Manager with an electrical/mechanical aptitude who enjoys working in an international team environment, excels at problem-solving independently or as part of a team all while providing innovative solutions to the clients. This role will be responsible for prospecting, building relationships, and maintaining a client base for the company’s industrial offering of laser systems within the medical and automotive markets.
What the company offers:
- Market competitive salary along with three weeks paid vacation, sick days and 11+ holidays
- Join an international organization and passionate team that evolves in a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Opportunities to manage and mentor sales representatives
- Drive sales revenues by ‘opening doors’ at target customers within the medical and automotive markets to present the company's capabilities and USPs for industrial laser systems. Similarly, develop and nurture relationships with multiple touchpoints at existing customers to discover new sales opportunities at these accounts.
- Prospect and qualify sales leads via direct outreach, participation in leading trade shows and other relevant industry forums as well as through other appropriate channels. Respond to RFPs/RFQs on the market that align with the company’s technology as appropriate.
- Gather all required information for project leads and develop quotations with accurate cost calculations and timelines in coordination with colleagues at German HQ.
- Collaborate with the engineering team at German HQ to ensure that the company’s technology solutions meet customer needs and preferences.
- Prepare detailed reports on market trends to optimize sales strategies and increase revenue.
- Manage the sales pipeline and ensure that all sales activities are accurately tracked and documented in the CRM system.
- 3+ years of sales management experience, preferably with industrial laser materials processing equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in an electrical/mechanical engineering discipline is preferred; candidates without a formal engineering background must demonstrate advanced technical skills gained from prior employment or other training.
- Experience selling into the automotive and medical markets would be of value.
- Valid passport required for periodic travel to east-central Canada and Germany.
- Occasional travel necessary, current valid drivers’ license required.