Note to applicants:
Interns in the Recruiting & Consulting Services department of our organization will work out of the GACC Midwest office in Chicago. As such, applicants must either currently reside in the Greater Chicago Area or be available for immediate relocation. Please note that if hired, proof of vaccination will be required.
Duration: 6-12 months
The mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (GACC Midwest) is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States. GACC Midwest is located in downtown Chicago and offers internship programs for talented students and recent graduates.
All internships offer the opportunity to gain work experience in a truly bilingual and bicultural environment, with support from colleagues that can help speed the learning curve of understanding intercultural differences and nuances.
- Strong interest in HR topics, especially Recruiting; interest in Consulting Services.
- Very strong English skills are an absolute requirement. Interns must have a strong phone presence and be comfortable with contacting potential candidates regarding job openings, taking part in interviews, and communicating with external clients.
- Ability to use internet-based research effectively in order to discover, contact, and evaluate candidates for job openings.
- Due to the large amount of communicating with clients and candidates involved with this position, Recruiting Services Interns must have a high interest in interpersonal communication and possess skills in this area.
- The Intern will support GACC Midwest’s Recruiting Services, which assists German and American companies with their hiring needs. In this capacity, the Intern will regularly use networking tools such as LinkedIn and GACC Midwest's recruiting database to evaluate and recruit qualified candidates for posted positions. This is a communication-intensive position, whereby the intern will be asked to contact potential candidates via telephone, email, and other means of communication.
- The Intern will learn first-hand about personnel recruitment and other HR-related issues in an international environment. The Intern will have the opportunity to identify, contact and evaluate potential candidates for open positions and will be trained on interviewing techniques.
- Experienced Interns may also have the opportunity to interact regularly with external clients and assist with business development and marketing activities for Recruiting Services.