Position: Plant Supervisor with professional growth opportunity into an Operations Manager role
Our client is a well-established, family-based provider of innovative precision metal stampings with a German-based ownership. Their customized stamping solutions utilize deep-draw technology and serve numerous application areas in a range of industries, including automotive and consumer goods. The company strives to design manufacturing systems that allow for quick changeovers and rapid set-ups, which permits them to deliver their custom-produced products to their customers at industry-leading speeds.
The company is currently seeking a Plant Superintendent who is experienced in metal forming technologies and will lead efforts to prepare, start up and optimize a three 8-hour shift manufacturing process throughout the plant while building alliances with existing team members. This opportunity offers substantial scope for professional growth within a successful company. The role will oversee the areas of production, machine shop, tooling and maintenance to ensure the required business objectives are met in a safe and environmentally compliant manner. The Plant Superintendent will be a key member of the management team with an integral role in developing and continuously improving the culture and ability to shape and influence the success of the company.
- Supervise larger teams with operational focus in an area of functional expertise; you will have supervisors or individual contributors as direct reports.
- Hire, develop and promote employees through use of mentorship, training materials and performance reviews; position resides within the company’s first level of management and entails human resource responsibilities.
- Develop and revise production and quality control standards.
- Develop budget and cost controls and actively participate in budget planning.
- Consistently further develop the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance with IATF 16949.
- Manage production planning, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility as well as tooling and equipment needs and drive operational excellence.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure, operating problems, etc.
- In coordination with local colleagues, develop and implement a technical apprenticeship training program, including defining strategy and objectives.
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Create an environment that encourages active participation of all team members.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline is required; candidates must display a high degree of technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated effective leadership experience as an Operations Supervisor, Manager or a related role with experience in production planning, including material and personnel planning as well as shift schedule management is highly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of metal forming technologies.
- Experience with deep-drawing technology, high-speed progressive dies, transfer presses and tooling design.
- Experience in the aerosol and packaging or automotive industry is highly desired.
- Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Familiarity and practical experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Managements systems and knowledge of TS 16949 or IATF 16949 quality process.
- Tool room experience is a plus.
- Understanding of SolidWorks or similar CAD programs.
- Understanding of and practical experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Strong ability to mentor/develop/coach all levels of the organization and drive accountability for performance.