Position: Technical Sales Engineer
Location: Elgin, IL. Candidates must be available for occasional travel (up to 30%)
Our client is a leading global supplier of innovative surface treatment technology serving the automotive and other manufacturing industries. The company is headquartered in Germany and has a US subsidiary office in Elgin, IL since 2009.
Due to strong growth in the U.S. market, the company is currently seeking a hands-on Technical Sales Engineer who will support the sales team by providing system configuration expertise. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the ideal candidate has excellent technical knowledge of electrical/electronic circuity and electro/mechanical systems. This role acts as a technical resource between customers and engineering.
- Review technical specification of RFQ’s to ensure the correct system configurations including communication protocols, automation & system integration are quoted to our customers
- Coordinate with Applications Engineering where process development or trials are needed before final system configuration can be determined
- Assist sales in technical review meetings with customers
- Work closely with Customer Service Team, Product Management and CTO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of technical support in a hi-tech, CapEx industry, preferably automotive, aerospace, electronics or medical device technology
- Ability to communicate complex technical subjects in simple terms for different audiences
- Ability to travel occasionally, both throughout North America and periodically to Europe. A valid driver’s license is required
- Experience with cross-cultural teams and European engineering departments desired