The German American Chamber of Commerce® of the Midwest (GACC Midwest / AHK USA-Chicago), headquartered in Chicago with a branch office in Detroit, was founded in 1963. GACC Midwest is an integral part of the network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHKs) with 140 offices in 92 countries around the globe. Our continuing mission is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States, especially the Midwest. Our organization combines elements of a trade commission, a membership association, and a professional consultancy-quite a unique concept in international trade promotion.
GACC Midwest is seeking a full-time Manager, Chapter Development & Midwest Outreach to be based in our Chicago office, reporting to the Vice President. This position is responsible for supporting GACC Midwest’s Chapter operations in Colorado, Minnesota and Wisconsin, in addition to expanding outreach throughout the Midwest. The individual will be primarily responsible for supporting Chapters in driving their membership growth, exchanging best practices, supporting their events, connecting chapters and members to each other and resources within GACC Midwest including various events, services and opportunities.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• 3+ years of work experience in related areas.
• Strong focus on building and nurturing relationships
• Proactive and highly responsive
• Prefer German and English language skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact and engage multiple levels within an organization (C-level, sales, HR, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the US and German markets, business environments and culture
• Overnight travel required regionally, primarily for the occasional support of Chapter events and operations and outreach to other Midwest states.
• Must be available to attend Chapter and partner events, including outside of normal business hours.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, life, LTD, 401K
Vacation: 20 days plus all Federal holidays
Information for applicants: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to answer each application personally. We review all incoming applications and if we find your skills meet our particular needs, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please. Thank you!
Please note that this is a full-time position in Chicago, not a part-time or external contractor position.