Start date: March 2021 (as soon as possible)
Duration: 6-12 months
The mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (GACC Midwest) is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States. All internships offer the opportunity to gain work experience in a truly bilingual and bicultural environment, with support from colleagues that can help speed the learning curve of understanding intercultural differences and nuances.
This internship is ideally full-time, but candidates with part-time availability may also be considered. The internship will offer the opportunity for partial work-from home with the remainder of working time spent in our office in downtown Chicago.
- Handle general administrative/clerical tasks such as filing, copying, opening/distributing mail and other tasks as required.
- Support GACC Midwest’s IT Coordinator with a range of IT matters related to the overall management of the company’s computers, software and peripherals.
- Work with IT Coordinator to resolve IT issues experienced by GACC Midwest team members using the company’s helpdesk ticketing system. Document helpdesk support per established procedures.
- Support special projects as appropriate.
- Strong IT skill-set, including familiarity with MS Office 365 and included applications
- General working knowledge of IT troubleshooting techniques; formal hands-on experience in IT support would be advantageous
- High-level proficiency in the English language; German language skills are desirable but are not required
- Motivation to gain hands-on experience in an international office environment as well as experience in supporting the IT requirements of remote colleagues