Note to Applicants:
Due to the recent Presidential Proclamation suspending the J-1 Visa program until the end of 2020, we are currently unable to consider any applications from candidates without existing work authorization for the US market. We thank you for your understanding and encourage affected applicants to consider re-applying at a later date once the J-1 Visa program has resumed.
Start date: July/August/September 2020
Duration: 9-12 months
The mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (GACC Midwest) is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States. All internships offer the opportunity to gain work experience in a truly bilingual and bicultural environment, with support from colleagues that can help speed the learning curve of understanding intercultural differences and nuances.
- High-level proficiency in the English language and at least intermediate German language skills
- Strong research and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong understanding of fundamental business concepts
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong technical aptitude and affinity-Interest in learning more about new technology and its applications and a desire to assist in promoting these new technologies in the U.S. market
- A great interest in working with an international team and a high level of motivation to help GACC Midwest accomplish its mission
- Handling of daily inquiries that are received from companies interested in expanding their transatlantic business activities
- Primary and secondary research to gather market intelligence and assist German companies in their search for U.S. business partners
- Support with program and event management for German business delegations visiting the Midwest in the industry fields of renewable energy, machinery and automation, automotive-related technologies, and medical devices