Gwinnett Youth Professionals provides an avenue for young professionals who live, work, or play in Gwinnett County to grow, get connected, and make an impact! Our heart behind GYP is to create space for all young professionals (YPs) in Gwinnett to feel like they belong. From there, we then seek to help YPs grow into the leaders that they hope to become.
The GYP Coordinator will be executing leadership and development programs and events that will shape our community’s future leaders! The GYP Coordinator, with the help of the GYP Senior Program Manager, Vice President of Education, Talent, & Leadership Development, and the GYP Advisory Board, will work to achieve GYP’s programmatic goals.
Position Title: Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) Program Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Gwinnett Young Professionals
Employment Status: Full-Time
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: Based on qualifications
GYP Core Programs
These events consist of a myriad of webinars and in-person programs that are designed to equip young leaders with the tools needed to succeed. Topics include communication, management, leadership, conflict management, personal branding, cultural awareness, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and much more!
These events consist of networking events that are designed to get young professionals connected in a low pressure, welcoming environment. We do that through Morning Mixers, which are held once a month where we come together for coffee and breakfast, as well as Off the Clock, which is held bi-monthly and is a larger scale networking event held after work hours. Lastly, we have our annual Holiday Happy Hour every December which is our largest evening networking event.
These volunteer and community service opportunities are held once a quarter and are related to specific projects making an impact on our community. These events are designed to give young professionals the opportunity to use their voices, skills, and knowledge to serve our community.
GYP Signature Programs
Journey Leadership Institute
This 9-month business leadership program combines the expertise of Gwinnett’s top leadership and development organizations into one cohesive program where participants are led through a series of workshops that work together to grow and cultivate their current skills and knowledge. The program begins each year in August and concludes in April. Applications for the program open in March.
THEYPARTY celebrating 35 Under 35
This is the largest signature Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) event of the year which features 35 Under 35, an awards program that identifies and celebrates the promise of our emerging business leaders who have connected, grown, and impacted our community.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with volunteers, Chamber members, investors, sponsors, and Chamber colleagues.
- Develop process maps and project plans for GYP’s various programs and events.
- Create and execute a plan to identify, cultivate, secure, and steward appropriate financial sponsor relationships that support GYP objectives and align with sponsor needs.
- Work closely with Chamber colleagues to ensure proper marketing of events and programs to achieve the goals outlined in the strategic plan for the program.
- Actively seek ways and means to creatively drive exposure and awareness of the GYP program offerings and work to grow program enrollment and participation.
- Lead the logistical execution of programs and events which may include the coordination of catering and set-up/break down support.
- Work with GYP Advisory Board Members and volunteers to evaluate programs so that resources are optimized for the best possible return-on-investment.
- Provide administrative support to the Education, Talent & Leadership Development team in the form of basic research, engagement reporting, and other special projects as needed.
- Preparation of weekly reporting for GYP’s Senior Program Manager.
- Provide support to GYP’s Senior Program Manager to:
- Execute all GYP core program details from beginning to end, including content creation, coordinating the logistics, managing onsite execution, and tracking event effectiveness.
- Plan and assist with the execution of both of GYP’s signature programs.
- Manage and meet overall program budget goal and prepare periodic financial progress reports for individual events.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited institution
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Self-starter capable of taking initiative
- Exceptional writing, grammar, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with extensive computer knowledge and office skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and become proficient at the use of a membership database and task management system
- Familiarity and comfort with the strategic use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience working under tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage time, relationships, schedule multiple meetings, and stay on top of multiple communications
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems, and attention to detail are key
- Capable of working flexible hours
- 1-2 years of experience in sales, marketing, human resources, and/or event management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, hospitality, public relations, or human resources
- Experience managing projects from conception through completion
- Proven track record of identifying, securing, and stewarding financial sponsor relationships
- Health Benefits: Full health coverage is provided for all full-time roles, including medical, dental and vision on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. The Gwinnett Chamber covers up to approximately 95% percent of monthly premiums for employees. Employee-funded flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care are offered.
- Learning Benefits: The Gwinnett Chamber highly values staff’s personal and professional learning pursuits. Priority is placed on opportunities to pursue your choice of professional training opportunities, including workshops, conferences, and more.
- Retirement Benefits: The Gwinnett Chamber offers a 401K plan for employees to make retirement planning investments, which includes up to a 4% employer safe harbor match.
- Paid Time Off: The Gwinnett Chamber offers Flex-PTO, meaning paid time off is not transactional, but is performance based.
- Cell phone Reimbursement: The Gwinnett Chamber reimburses each employee up to $50 for cellphone use.
- Mileage Reimbursement: The Gwinnett Chamber reimburses employees for miles driven in personal vehicle while conducting company business (mileage rate is based on the IRS standard rate).
- Non-Monetary Compensation: The opportunity to be an integral member of an energetic, innovative, hard-working and deeply invested team, within an organization that has the potential to significantly impact the trajectory of Gwinnett’s future business community.
Please include your resume and cover letter in your application.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to each applicant.
We review all incoming applications, and if we find your skills meet our particular needs, we will contact you.