Our client is the US subsidiary (sales and service facility) of a German-based producer of industrial products for metalworking applications. They have an immediate opening for a General Manager to lead the US team of roughly 15 employees. The General Manager should be a self-starter who is capable of driving aggressive growth in the US market and providing overall leadership to the company. This position reports to the Shareholders at the German headquarters.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations and staff of the facility in Canton, OH, including P&L responsibility for the US subsidiary.
- Develop and execute an aggressive yet sustainable Business Development plan to secure strong sales revenue growth and increased market share; advise the German Management team on strategies and corresponding action plans related to product positioning, market segmentation, marketing initiatives and Key Account management for the US market.
- Directly manage all aspects of the Sales cycle to gain new clients and further grow existing accounts.
- Represent the company and its products at relevant trade shows and industry forums; act as a “brand ambassador” to position the company as a high-quality leader in its respective market segment
- Provide effective team leadership through communication, coaching, training and development
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Sales/Business Development or Management role within an industrial environment; successful track record of growing Sales revenues and managing Key Accounts
- Minimum of 2 years’ P&L responsibility within a manufacturing/trading company
- Strong team leadership skills and the ability to maximize performance of employees across all functions
- German language skills would be advantageous but are not an absolute requirement; candidates should have an appreciation for the German business culture, especially as it pertains to smaller, privately-held niche manufacturers (the so-called ‘Mittelstand’)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Adept at using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 50% US-wide