Position: Managing Director (Aftermarket & Service)
Location: Denver Metropolitan Area or hybrid-remote near a major airport
Our client is a in 2021 established US subsidiary of a globally acting manufacturer of converters and electronic components for the wind power industry and a supplier of spare parts and service (Aftermarket & Service segment). Their team of 415 staff members worldwide provide their clients with comprehensive solutions to their wind application.
The company is currently seeking a strategically minded, forward facing Managing Director for their US subsidiary to drive growth with full P&L ownership and provide overall leadership of the company and local team of 8 employees. This position will work closely with the global company leadership and various business groups to evaluate and develop strategic opportunities to grow into a successful renewable energy service provider over the next 2-5 years. The Managing Director will report directly to the Managing Director Aftermarket & Service of the German parent company.
- Carry responsibility of the company’s business operations, financial performances, investments, and ventures (e.g., P&L, budget plan, earnings, cash flow, receivables, inventory, payables, capital expenditures); prepare and manage annual/quarterly budgets and sales forecasts and financial reporting to German HQ.
- Provide site leadership, guidance and/or coordination of all functions and departments while maintaining and developing a strong culture and positive work environment.
- Provide market intelligence; evaluate, develop, and manage market specific sales strategies and new strategic business opportunities in collaboration with the company’s Aftermarket and Service team.
- Build and cultivate long-term partnership relationships with existing and new customers to support site growth (incl. customer surveys and complaint management).
- Responsible for the delivery of KPIs; drive and identify potentials and implement actions required to achieve business objectives for the site.
- Represent the company at relevant trade shows and industry forums; act as a “brand ambassador” to position the company as a high-quality leader in its market segment.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of processes in the company’s Colorado site.
- Direct, develop, and oversee the general health and safety policies and procedures (EHS) of the organization. Ensure the workplace is in full compliance with state, local, and/or customer specific regulations.
- Develop and manage service contracts depending on the customer.
- Support global initiatives of the company as appropriate and implement best practices by collaborating with counterparts at other international subsidiaries.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Business or Engineering discipline is required; an MBA would be of value
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Sales/Business Development within the renewable energy industry, Aftermarket & Service preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of leadership and P&L responsibility; successful track record of financial competence, especially in P&L management
- Extensive contact network of decision-makers at companies within renewable energy sector is desired
- Strong team leadership skills and the ability to maximize performance of employees across all functions while fostering a collaborative and positive work environment
- Strong strategic acumen with the ability to identify market opportunities and enact action plans to seize them
- Entrepreneurial spirit with creative thinking, an international mindset, and ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel across North America and Europe (if needed)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Familiarity with change management