Our client is the US subsidiary of a European-based developer of an innovative technology for the trenchless rehabilitation of pressure pipes. Their solution uses flexible Kevlar®-reinforced liners and specially developed end fittings and is suitable for a range of application areas such as water, oil and gas.
The company is currently seeking a highly motivated Sales Manager- Oil & Gas to lead the Sales and Business Development activities in the Oil & Gas industry throughout the North American market. This position requires an independent self-starter who combines a strong sales and relationship management skill set with strategic acumen. Candidates must be available for regular domestic (roughly 20%) and occasional international travel.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Business Development plan for the North American Oil & Gas market, including tailor-made Marketing strategies.
- Lead all technical sales activities in the North American Oil & Gas sector, including direct product sales to end customers as well as building and managing a network of channel and project implementation partners. Prospect new business and arrange meetings to present the company’s solutions to important decision-makers at target accounts.
- Create project proposals based on company pricing structures; after contract signing, serve as a liaison between customers and internal colleagues at the European HQ to ensure successful project execution.
- Develop and execute strategies to (further) penetrate new and existing Key Accounts; establish and nurture relationships with key personnel at major accounts across relevant departments.
- Support the definition of budgets and KPIs for the assigned market.
- Represent the organization at relevant trade shows and other industry forums and serve as a committed brand advocate at all times; participate in technical committee meetings related to industry standards (API, ASTM, etc.)
- Prepare and submit monthly reports regarding KPI attainment and ongoing sales activities.
- 10+ years of relevant Sales/Business Development experience in the Oil & Gas industry with a focus on products/services related to pipeline engineering
- Strong existing network in the North American Oil & Gas infrastructure industry
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field with equivalent experience
- Proven track record of selling advanced, high-value solutions with the ability to coordinate effectively with internal colleagues for successful project execution within complex corporate environments
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assertive personality with strong communication and relationship management skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills