Date: Flexible start date in 2020 for a duration of 3 months
How to apply:
Please send your application to Mr. Emilio Brahmst, Director of Germany Trade & Invest, at emilio.brahms(at)gtai.com with "Internship GTAI / your name" in the subject line.
Germany Trade & Invest (GTAI) is the economic development agency of the Federal Republic of Germany, which was established on January 1, 2009. The organization promotes Germany as a business and technology location. GTAI provides up-to-date information and expert advice to German companies seeking to expand their businesses abroad, as well as, to foreign companies looking to enter the German market.
The GTAI representative for the Chicago office is looking for a Project Associate to support the field of "foreign direct investment promotion" for a duration of 3 months.
The intern will assist in attracting investors, in particular in:
- Creating target group lists for conferences and exhibitions using an online marketing database
- Implementing e-mail campaigns with the aim of finding companies that want to do business in Germany
- Conducting targeted market studies of US and German industries
- Creating and updating PowerPoint presentations for potential investors
- Communicating with potential clients via phone, email or in person, as appropriate
- Composing weekly newsletters with news about companies planning to expand or news about specific industries
- Analyzing selected companies with the aim of identifying their investment potential in Germany and Europe
- Participating in local trade shows and events with the goal of identifying potential clients
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including quick comprehension and logical thinking, with the ability to work independently and in a structured manner
- Must be a current student or recent graduate with a focus on economics or business studies
- Fluent in English; German language skills desired but not required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- University degree in Economics or Business Administration is a plus
- This is an unpaid internship and it can be used to receive credits at the intern’s university. GTAI is covering the J1 visa processing fee for international candidates
- International candidates are required to pay the costs for health insurance, U.S. Consular and SEVIS fees, as well as, living and travel expenses
- The working hours are from 9am to 5pm and the intern has 6 vacation days
- GTAI shares office space with the German American Chamber of Commerce, which employs numerous other interns.
We look forward to receiving your application!