Our client is a German-based developer and installer of fully-automated intralogistics solutions for production environments. Their technologies allow for automatic measurement and replenishment of inventory stock which are suitable for bulk materials as well as small and large load carriers and are integrated into their customers’ existing ERP systems.
The company is currently seeking a Technical Sales Manager for their newly established US subsidiary. This position will focus on introducing their technology to the local market and developing and nurturing long-term relationships with a local customer base throughout the automotive supply chain. This opportunity offers substantial room for professional growth as the company expands in the US market. The Technical Sales Manager will report directly to the International Head of Sales at the German parent company. Regular travel to customer sites throughout North America and periodic trips to the German HQ are required, including an initial training period in Germany.
- Drive sales revenues at automotive OEMs and Tier suppliers by leading all aspects of the highly consultative technical sales cycle, from lead generation to system delivery.
- Prospect and qualify sales leads via direct outreach, trade shows and other appropriate channels. Schedule meetings with target customers to present capabilities and system USPs.
- Develop a comprehensive needs assessment at target customers related to their production intralogistics and work closely with technical colleagues in Germany to design system solutions that meet their unique application requirements.
- Negotiate and review contracts that secure appropriate margins.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and internal project implementation and technical service teams.
- Track all sales activities per established company procedures.
- Influence ongoing product development by providing valuable market feedback to German HQ related to local market trends, customer requirements and competitor activities.
- Follow all established company policies and procedures and act at all times with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
- 5+ years of experience in consultative technical sales
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline is required; candidates should have a passion and enthusiasm for new technologies and for the manufacturing industry
- Strong understanding of production intralogistics
- Sales background in the automotive industry, including an understanding of industry procurement practices as well as an existing contact network of decision-makers at relevant target customers
- Experience in technical system design and/or project management would be of significant value
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- German language abilities would be of significant value but are not required; candidates should ideally have experience working for a European-based organization
- Valid driver’s license