NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern U.S., Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S. We are seeking a highly motivated, part-time Executive Assistant.
Your job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for organizing the Annual Board of Directors Trip to Germany.
- Responsible for assisting in the organization, sponsor and speaker acquisition of the annual DAWT (German American Business Forum) in Germany.
- Coordinate all Board of Directors related matters.
- Anticipate, prioritize and prepare CEO for travel, meetings and presentations
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Conduct research, prepare correspondence, expense and statistical reporting
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Completed studies in business, events or hotel management, communications, business, marketing, or related fields
- Previous work experience in Office, Supply Management and/ or Customer Service fields
- Experience with office organization, scheduling, time management and event planning
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English and German languages
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, energetic learner with a good sense of humor
- Ability to work independently while integrating well with the GACC South team
- Detail oriented, well developed organizational skills and a strategic thinker
- Must possess an open communications style
- Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Work well under pressure, comfortable with multitasking
Company: German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern U.S., Inc.
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: Hourly non-exempt
Information for applicants: Thank you very much for your application and your interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we cannot answer each application personally. We are in the process of reviewing all incoming applications. We will contact you if we find that your skills meet our particular needs. Only applicants with a valid U.S. Work authorization can be accepted at this time.
How to apply: Please email your application to kgillespie(at)gaccsouth.com. Applications will only be considered with cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation (German or English) attached.