About the Organization:
The GACC was established more than 75 years ago in New York City as an impartial promoter of commerce between Germany and the US. The GACC works together with the German American Chambers of Commerce in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington D.C. under the umbrella AHK USA - with more than 2,500 member companies and an extensive national and international business network. The organization has distinguished itself as an innovative and relevant service provider as well as a reliable partner in German-American business inquiries. Comprised of a highly qualified team of professionals, the GACC supports companies by facilitating the following: market entry & business development, legal services, intern visas, recruitment and startup guidance, delegation trips and events.
Build a secure and rewarding career within a reputable organization dedicated to long-term financial stability. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to a team committed to upholding the highest standards of financial rigor and accountability. As our Bookkeeping/Accounting Manager, you will employ your problem-solving skills within a stable environment where precision and adherence to regulations are paramount.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure excellent condition of the operation with hands-on management of day-to-day financial transactions, account reconciliations, invoicing, AP/AR, and collection of balances.
- Perform monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
Support the treasurer in internal and external audits, including preparation of required schedules and supplemental information. Responding to auditor inquiries.
- Support the treasurer in preparation of annual tax returns for external tax consultants, including preparation of required schedules and supplemental information. Responding to tax advisor inquiries.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports as needed; assists in problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines while paying exceptionally close attention to detail.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve shared goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration is required.
At least 2 years of experience in corporate accounting required.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint required; knowledge of financial systems and enterprise software. QuickBooks proficient is desired.
- Knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical capabilities; strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
German language skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of Sales and Use Tax collection and reporting is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per year
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
Start date: Immediately
What we offer:
- Comprehensive fringe benefits program including health insurance, 401(k) matching and paid vacation.