The Official Representative of Messe München and Messe Essen in the USA is looking for a highly motivated intern to support the Trade Show Services team in New York City.
The main focus of the official US Representative Office of Messe München and Messe Essen GmbH is to recruit U.S. companies as exhibitors for Munich and Essen’s worldwide trade shows as well as to increase U.S. visitor numbers.
What to expect
As an intern you will support the day-to-day business. After an initial introduction phase, you are assigned with a wide variety of small and large projects, which you will execute independently while adhering to deadlines.
- - Assistance with acquisition of U.S. exhibitors and visitors through preparation and implementation of
newsletters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Assist with inquiries of U.S. exhibitors and visitors
- Creation of promotional materials, graphics and contents
- Create show-specific newsletters on a regular basis
- Assistance with the cooperation with media partners
- Conduct research projects and market analysis
- Pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS in a business focused discipline, major in Marketing or International Business
- Previous internship/ student job experience in the field of Marketing, Sales or Event Management
- Excellent communication skills in German and English both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, customer orientation, creativity
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Capacity to learn and apply new technologies quickly, e.g. Constant Contact, Canva
- Trade show and experience abroad preferable but not necessary.
Estimated start date
December 1, 2019