Location: Greater Chicago or Home Office in the US. Candidates must be available for nationwide travel of up to 70%.
Our client is one of the leading producers of wheat starches and wheat proteins in Europe. With cutting-edge technology, sustainable processes, and great innovative capacity, they produce wheat-based raw materials at their headquarters in Germany.
They are looking to add a Sales Manager (Food) to their team to introduce texture-providing wheat proteins to the US market and take over responsibility for all sales activities. This position offers the opportunity to join a new team within an established international organization with strong growth.
- Develop and execute a strategic Sales plan for the US
- Build a business plan for each account while developing strong client relationships
- Plan daily activities, including customer visits and establishment of quantitative and qualitative objectives
- Deliver sales proposals and conduct detailed presentations for effective product demonstration
- Secure sales growth with new and existing customers (specific targets for each account)
- Monitor market and competition evolution, relaying information to senior staff
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Support establishment of Food Brand in the US and secure sales growth
- Support sales order processing (in the beginning starting with supply from Europe)
- Support indirect sales-oriented actions (claim handling, follow up/feedback sampling, shipping of products)
- 2+ years of related work experience within B2B Sales of food ingredients
- College degree in Business or Food related field preferred
- Good technical skills and understanding of implementation of the ingredients within the food producers
- Ability to process, analyze, and effectively communicate the business drivers associated with the customer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Power Point
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships with customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation, and negotiation skills
- Comfortable pushing outside comfort zone to move projects forward
- Hands-on mentality, proven ability to work independently and autonomously with self-motivation